St. Patrick's is all about fun and drinking, so why not combine the two into this fun, festive jello shot. Often referred to as the Ombre St. Patrick's Day Jello Shots these are a relatively easy 3 layer Jello shot that can be made in about an hour.
Here is fun video of the process. The ingredients and steps are below.
- 1 1/4cups lemonade
- 2envelopes unsweetened gelatin
- 3/4cup lime vodka
- 3tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Green food coloring (green + neon green recommended)
Light green: 1-2 drops green + 1-2 drops neon green
Medium green: 2-3 drops green + 2-3 drops neon green
Dark green: 5-6 drops green + 5-6 drops neon green
- Pour lemonade into a small saucepan and sprinkle unflavored gelatin on top. Allow to soak in a minute or two. Heat on medium, stirring constantly until gelatin has dissolved (just a couple of minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour in vodka and sweetened condensed milk and stir to completely combine. Separate evenly into three bowls or measuring cups.
- Using green and/or neon green food coloring, add enough to achieve 3 different shades of green. Start with just one or two drops – you can always add more, but you can’t take away. Suggested mix: For light green, use 1-2 drops green + 1-2 drops neon green. For medium green, use 2-3 drops green + 2-3 drops neon green. For dark, green use 5-6 drops green + 5-6 drops neon green.
- Place shot glasses on a tray and pour the light green layer into shot glasses about 1/4 of the way full. Put in refrigerator for 20 minutes. While shots are setting, cover the other 2 mixtures with plastic wrap to keep warm. If any separation occurs, simply stir again before pouring the next layer.
- Once first layer is set, evenly pour the medium green layer into the shots and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Finally, add the last layer and allow to set for at least another hour.
- When ready to serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream and gold sprinkles.