Spicy New Orleans Shrimp Recipe Endless Weekend Spicy Shrimp Cocktail Recipes
Posted on October 06 2016
We love shrimp and this spicy New Orleans Shrimp recipe is no exception. With half the Don't Monday my Sunday crew being from the New Orleans area you can bet this is a staple at our neighborhood gatherings. If you've hung our with us then you have heard the you chip you dip saying shouted at the kids a few times. Dip a little bread in this sauce and you'll be hooked.
- 1 lb white tiger shrimp
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce (or tabasco)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a saucepan, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool.
- Arrange the shrimp in an oven- proof casserole dish and pour the sauce over the shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake shrimp for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crusty French bread and drizzle with additional lemon juice as needed.
** Total time does not include time for marinating the shrimp