We normally prefer the low calorie and more heath conscious recipes however this one is by far one of our favorite cheat day sides. The sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is unbelievably delicious. I won't lie we have modified it several time to cut down on the sugars and fat etc and there several options to do so (we'll share those on another recipe) but regardless of if you modify the recipe or not this has become as regular at our Thanksgiving and Holidays meals...Yum!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.