So it's no secret that we try to eat healthy but some recipes are just good and every now and then you have to splurge We found this on Cacique and thanks you Nicole Presley for the recipe. Truly are great party style appetizer
Roasted Corn and Bacon Dip
- 2 - Pasilla chiles (charred, peeled, and diced)
- 1 – pound bacon (cooked, and crumbled into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 – corn on the cob (roasted or grilled, and kernels scraped off cob) makes 1 cup
- 1/4 - cup green onion (sliced and chopped)
- 1 – cup Cacique Queso Quesadilla Jalapeno (grated)
- 1 – cup Cacique Panela Cheese (crumbled)
- 3/4 – cup Cacique Ranchero Crema Con Sal
- 1/3 – cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 – teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – teaspoon chili flakes
- Little rounds of bread or corn chips
- Char pasilla chiles over an open flame until skin is completely burned. Place the chiles in an airtight bag and allow them to steam in their own heat for 30 minutes. Then remove the chiles from the bag and slowly and carefully peel the charred skin off the chiles under a slow stream of water. Cut off the stem and dice. Set to the side.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Follow directions on package for bacon. Once bacon is crisp, set on a paper towel lined paper plate, and allow additional grease to drain there. Crumble bacon into 1 inch pieces and set to the side.
- Roast or grill corn on the cob until kernels are slightly black and the corn is cooked through. Scrape the kernels off the cob and set to the side.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add in diced pasilla chiles, bacon pieces, roasted corn kernels, green onion, grated jalapeno quesadilla, and crumbled panela cheese. Mix to combine.
- Pour crema con sal, and mayonnaise on top of the mixture and mix completely to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with garlic powder, and chili flakes. Mix one final time.
- Transfer mixture into a 1 quart baking dish, and place in the oven for 35 minutes or until the side start to crisp and the mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with rounds of bread (as pictiured), or corn chips. Enjoy!