Lobster mac & cheese is a delicious dish any time of year but has become a staple around our house during Thanksgiving and the Holidays. YUM!
To those of you that like our skinny take on many of our recipes, this is NOT one of them. We are gonna work on a skinny version to try and cut down on some of the calories so check back.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 quart whole milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups grated Gruyere cheese (12 ounces)
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar (8 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat, 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs (5 slices, crusts removed)