Great Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe
Posted on July 26 2016
At Endless Weekend we are kinda fitness addicts so we are alway trying to balance our eating, exercising, drinking, and did i say eating? We eat a lot. So we are always looking for good low calorie recipes that are healthy. We tried this one last weekend and it got the thumbs up from the Crew. We found it on Ambitious Kitchen and have listed it below.
This is one of the better Healthy Turkey Chili recipes and we are becoming big fan of Monique (the chef)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Next add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with anything you'd like.
- Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
Recipe by Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7g
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Fiber: 17.4g
- Protein: 31.8g