Fourth of July Deviled Eggs
Posted on June 27 2018
Here's a festive party idea to spruce up your 4th of July barbecue or or backyard party. We normally try to stay on the healthier side of the snacks but who can resist a good deviled egg? My problem is I can never stop at just one but these red, white and blue treasures are sure to be a hit.
- Red, and Blue Food Coloring
- Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- Hellmann’s Dijonnaise or Mustard
- Dill Pickle Juice (for flavor)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Boil the eggs in salted water for 20-30 min.
- Cool them off in a bowl of ice water when they are done.
- Peel the shells off after they have cooled (running them under cool water usually helps them peel more easily.
- Place the peeled eggs in a bowl of water and start adding the blue color. The more food coloring the darker they will become.
- Soak the eggs for 20-30 min. Make sure they are fully under water.
- Once you have the desired color remove them carefully. Try not to scratch them of the white will show through.
- Place them on a paper towel covered plate, counter or cutting board. This will soak up some of the moisture. Keep in mind the die can be a little messy, so watch your fingers.
- When they are dry cut them in half the long way and put the yolks in a separate bowl.
- Chop up the yolks, you want to be be minced up pretty good so use a blender, mixer or food chopper.
- Slowly add the Mayonnaise until you get the desired creaminess.
- Add the Dijonnaise or Mustard, no more than a teaspoon or two.
- Add the Dill Pickle Juice (just a little) until you get the right tangy.
- Once you get the texture and taste the way you want it start adding the Red food coloring. The more you add the darker the color will become.
- Put the Red yolk back into the eggs. Easiest way is to use a cake decorator (like for frosting) but you can also use a zip lock and just cut the corner off (start small you can always make the hole bigger if needed).
- Refrigerate until party time.
Guaranteed to be a Party Favorite. Maybe try one of drink recipes for the party as well.
We found this Pinterest and this recipe and pictures are from SingingThroughTheRain.com