Caramel Churro Chex Mix Recipe - The Ultimate Party Chex Mix
Posted on September 29 2016
We normally try to eat healthier however this was too good to pass on and usually leaves me asking myself the next morning "why did I eat so much of it". Answer is because it'a so freaking good! Perfect for any party this is caramel churro chex mix is the ultimate party chex mix recipe.
Caramel Churro Chex MixPrep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/4 up light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cereal in a large, heat safe bowl. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for about 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes, until cereal turns golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then break up and store in an airtight container.
We found this party appetizer recipe on Pinterest like so many of the recipes we share, but thanks to Confessions of a Cookbook Queen for this one.